Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.

Hey loverlies,

This has been wild week. I caught a stomach bug last Monday night and I stayed home from the work for the first time in my mission! But I got a blessing and was feeling fit as a fiddle on Wednesday. And Ramon was sick too and we got sick the same time but he kept feeling sick so we finally offered a blessing to him on Sunday and the Priesthood power was so real. I think it was a tender mercy from the Lord to help him recognize the truthfulness of the Priesthood. 

We had dinner with the McCombies, Condons and Bautistas. We each bore our testimony of the Book of Mormon and it was very sweet. I think they know it is true but they are afraid of the changes in their lives and so they are avoiding praying about these things. Someday they will be ready to accept it. 

I've been feeling SO full of love for the Book of Mormon since we started our challenge as a mission. It truly has impacted every part of my life. I am just so filled with joy for the work. And I love the Book of Mormon SO much. Even holding it in my hands gives me a sense of peace. I know God loves me when I read it. I feel my Savior's guiding influence as I turn the pages. 

I've been trying to be more in tune with the spirit this week so we took the music out of our car this week. I'm trying to train my brain to be still. Because I'm always thinking or singing (hymns or otherwise) or talking. And I just want to be still and let the Lord guide us. I'm constantly trying to trust him more. 

I know I keep saying it these days but I'm just full of contentment at this point in my mission. I have done my best, I've been obedient, and I'll keep working hard and that's enough. Every part of my mission is where I was supposed to be or what I was supposed to have. God is in charge. He wants me right where I am.

Which is the feeling I'm trying to adopt for my future. Can't fear. Just trust in God and He'll place me right where He needs me. 

Sorry this is short! I just love y'all lots. 
This mission is the honor of my life. I'm full with tender emotions as I think about how richly I've been blessed to be able to serve the Lord.

Love,
Hermana Em

No comments:

Post a Comment