Monday, January 13, 2014

I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God

Welp loves,

It's so great to be a missionary. I pray that the time will just slow down a bit. This is a moment of my life. A season of happiness. And there will be a thousand more different seasons of happiness but I just want this one to stay a little longer.

Elder Neil L. Anderson came on Saturday. He was so kind and so funny! It was just a treat to hear from him and shake his hand. He took the microphone and walked among us in the chapel. He was so personable and his message was so perfect. About the mercy and merits and grace of Christ. He just had really great insights. Elder Paul D. M. Christensen of the Seventy came and spoke to us too. He shared this neat story about monks in Uganda. The church is true!
But probably the highlight of the experience of having an apostle come was actually moments before he arrived. He asked to take a picture with us and so we all lined up (it was quite the feat because we have SO many missionaries) and then after we were situated for the picture President Mullen suggested that we sing some hymns while we waited for him to arrive. We started with "We thank thee o God for a prophet." I have never felt the spirit so strongly or profoundly in my life. We were like the armies of Helaman. I just felt to happy to be a missionary, to be singing praises to my Heavenly King.

Oh, our trio ended on Tuesday. A Temple Square sister came in and so she was Sister Gifford's temporary companion for the week. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. But it was good too because it's nice to focus on the Spanish work. Sister Walton and I are grateful we're staying together because no one loves our area the way we do. It's special to me. I've spent most of my mission hidden in the folds of Cheney and out in West stake. I love this place. I love these people. And I just—I know the heart of this area. I hope I can stay here for the rest of my mission.
I "fear busted" (when new missionaries go out knocking on doors for the first time) a little fire cracker this morning. Sister Gosdis. I am already obsessed with her. She's 23 and a convert from Salt Lake. She is incredible. So humble, so in tune with the spirit. She gave me a boost. But at the same time I just want to steal her moment and let it be mine again. You are only a new missionary once. Can I say it one more time? My mission means everything to me.
 
We are starting a Book of Mormon challenge this week. We will read the whole book, cover to cover in the next six weeks. That's about 14 pages a day. Y'all in? I promise you that as you read it, you'll feel an increased measure of the spirit. I'm so excited. It's my favorite book. I want to read it all my life.
 
Juan and Ramon are doing great. Ramon is so close to baptism. He just knows it is true. I think we'll see a miracle with him this week. They are such good, humble young men. I am so grateful to teach them.
 
In the Manito ward we took this guy, Tom, on a church tour. He has been prepared all his life. He has always wanted to know about the LDS faith. One of his best friends from high school was a member. And he has always felt compelled to learn more. He read us this statement he typed out, “I am very serious about joining your church”.Incredible! I mean like he is a well-to-do business man and he wants to join the church. He feels the spirit. He loves it. In his closing prayer he said, “help me find the way.” Oh, so sweet!
 
Well, so much happened this week. This email was all over the place, sorry! MLC was perfect, per usual. LOTS of snow. I'm happy and loving life.
I love this gospel. I just love my Savior.
 
Love,
Hermana Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment