Monday, December 30, 2013

yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.



Hey loves,

Was it not just a beautiful week? I love Christmas. I love it with my whole heart. And boy, do I love being a missionary. Sister LeDoux went home today. And it's been a bit triste for all of us. But it's also been re-energizing for me. Her companion, Sister Gifford, is with us in a trio 'til the end of the transfer and so we're covering the Manito ward and the Spanish work. And we are buuuusy. And I love it. I love being busy and working and teaching and testifying. 

On Tuesday, we had lots of miracles and lots of appointments. We went to visit Mayra, a referral from one of the English members here. She was super nice but not very interested. As we were walking out of the lesson we ran into this guy, Isaac. He's like in his late 20's early 30's and he was super intrigued that we really believed in the whole Joseph Smith idea. And we told him that we help people come closer to Christ and he decided to sit down to hear us out. So we taught the Restoration and testified of Joseph Smith and as we shared the First Vision, it was just so still and sweet. He felt the spirit. It softened his heart and he just wanted more. Wanted to read the Book of Mormon and come to church and do it all. It was a tender mercy I needed. Of course we had to give him away as a referral, but the work of the Lord is the work of the Lord.

I've been feeling so happy lately. I mean, I feel happy pretty much all the time, but I feel endowed with power. I feel like things are finally clicking for me in my studies and in my teaching and finding. In terms of numbers, this is the least "successful" I've been on my mission, but in terms of spiritual strength, I feel like I'm constantly winning. My prayers are meaningful and I love talking to people. I've just determined to be the happiest, most hard-working missionary there ever was. Nothing will get me down. And so I'm rolling with the punches, going with the flow, singing 24/7. I read Alma 37 and 38 today and I could not get enough. The Book of Mormon is just the best. 

I love my Heavenly Father and I really love my Savior. And I love the Holy Ghost. I'm as happy as a clam. No reason not to be. 

I can't think of what else to tell you about this week. Here's some pictures:
I haven't sent very many pictures of Sister Walton and I so this is a little Christmas gallery for you to enjoy ;)







Editor's Note: We think she is the cutest little sister missionary there ever was!!


No comments:

Post a Comment