Monday, December 23, 2013

and he shall redeem all mankind who believe on his name

Hey all you people (*editor's note: for those not familiar, this is a reference to a SpongeBob cartoon--family inside joke),

I just love being a missionary at Christmas. It is just so happy, and SO fun! We have appointments lined up all day Christmas eve and Christmas visiting different less-actives and members and I'm pretty much as excited as it gets. 

And I think I've confirmed my decision to never bring Santa back into the Christmas picture. When it's Christ centered it's filled with love for the Savior and love for family and serving. That's where the Christmas joy comes from. 

I don't have too much time to write right now and I'm not positive when I'll get back on to finish my email but I'll just give you the run-down.

So on Monday we stopped by and visited Adriana randomly and her husband and all her kids were there and we watched the Restoration DVD and invited them to say family prayers every night and it was so sweet. They are the cutest little family and they remind me a lot of Genaro and Claudia from my Moses Lake. Then we had an appointment the next day and it was EVEN better. We sang hymns and read scriptures and watched a mormon message about families and it was like a little testimony to Adriana that these things will unite her family. So happy! But then our next appointment got snowed out and the roads were too bad to drive in so we'll have to wait 'til after Christmas to go back because they are visiting family all week. But I have a good feeling about them. I just love them so.

Juan and Ramon, our miracle church-going boys, came to the English classes this week and love the Book of Mormon and came to church again yesterday. We had a lesson after church and asked them how their reading was going and Ramon says, "Well, I felt the so peaceful as I was reading. That tells me it is true." And we were all smiling and "yaying"! And then Juan says, " I had an experience similar to that too! I just felt a tingle all the way up my arm as I was reading." So we were super excited. Ramon lost his mom in March and he hasn't been to church since but he has so much faith. He is so good-hearted. I know that is why the Lord is helping him recognize truth. We talked a little bit about the Plan of Salvation and he just loves it. They are both 21. I love YSA but I like REAALLY love Spanish-speaking YSA!

We have been praying as a Zone for each companionship individually on a specific day, and it's been filling my heart with so much love for everyone.

It was a really un-focused week for me. Sister Ledoux is going home on Sunday and Christmas and everything just has been putting me in a funk. I got a sweet little letter from Sister Rowe and it has helped me a ton. She made this little bracelet that  says. "Come home in pieces." in morse code? It's been pushing me to work as hard as I can. Somedays I feel like my mission is never going to end (in a good way, I want to stay as long as I can) and then other days I feel like I'm being swallowed up with how fast it is going. 

Anyway, Christmas party is starting soon. Hopefully I'll get back on later.

Love you!
Hermana Em

No comments:

Post a Comment