Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things

Hey y'all!

We went to the temple today. It was so beautiful. I love that place so, so much.

Welp, South Hill is kicking my butt. The Lord just loves us so much, He just has SO much for us to learn. So much patience, and mighty prayer and fasting. It's been the most humbling time of my mission. Soul-stretching, knee-digging humility. But it's been happy. And I know God knows me.

I went to MLC this week and it was incredible. It was a surge for the work and I felt so filled with the Spirit. President Mullen explained a lot about high expectations and how our Father in Heaven wants nothing but the very best for us. It was a little hard to hear because we just aren't seeing anything come to pass on the South Hill. But I also knew it was a way for us to go further, reach higher. At the start of my mission we were teaching so many lessons, seeing so many people enter the waters of baptism and I figured my whole mission would be like that. But it's actually been so different. I know I've given my very best. I've been obedient even when it was hard. And maybe I don't teach a lot, or baptize as many as I hoped, but I'm learning that this is the mission the Lord wants me to have. 

I live in a 4 sister apartment which is SO fun. Sister Ledoux (she's from Cedar Hills and I went to her farewell with Aunt Kristi and family! such a fun coincidence) is like my favorite person ever and the other day I went to bed early. Well I just laid in bed, wallowing a little bit and she sat down beside me and said, "tell me what's going on, Sister Judd" and I just unloaded a little bit, telling her how often Satan is winning with me and making me feel dumb and worthless and she asked me something that's been on my mind ever since. "Sister Judd, what would your easiest mission be?"

For me, Moses, then Othello, then Royal City, then Walla Walla. Or Yacima. Where the hispanics come by the thousands, ten thousands. That would've been easy. I mean not really. It would have had it's own set of struggles. But those struggles weren't the ones the Lord wanted me to learn.

I needed to have this broken heart, this contrite spirit. It's a confirmation of God's love. I got a blessing this week from one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Brodale and he said, "this trial is in no way a reflection of who you are, but of who the Lord knows you can become." 

I've been thinking about all this so much. And I pray every night that I can learn the things the Lord wants me to and that I can change the way He knows I can. 

I want the Atonement to change me. I want it to make me better.

I don't have too much to report except that we got the green light on the spanish work back in Cheney and so we'll be going there more often. Especially because our sweet Hondurian family is ready to hear more. We had FHE with them, the Holloways, and the McCombies last night and I'm excited for a miracle. This one is good. 

I love y'all all to pieces. I love the Gospel. I love my Savior. 

Pray for miracles on the South Hill. Good things are on their way.

Hermana Judd

pictures from mlc. 
sister white, sister ledoux, me and elder cisternas
all the missionaries i go home with. i don't know why they wanted a picture.  
me and the assistants, elder chang, elder cybulski, and elder whiting,
we all were wearing navy and polka dots :) 




extra: i just watched this video and it was incredibly poignant.


i've been thinking that the reason southhill has been so tough, is so that we'd see the bounty of potential in cheney. had we just stayed, we might have missed it. but God wants us there and he wanted us to have absolutely every reason to back and dig it out. i don't think south hill is a wrong turn, but i think it's a way for God to show us that Cheney is a right turn.

anyway, love you. 
i love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment