Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more

Hey y'all wassup it's me, Sister Judd! 

Hahah. That is what the voicemail for one of our recent converts, Rickia, says. She is blind and from the Bahamas and she is a gem. Sister Gardiner and I say her voicemail message like 56 times a day because we think it is so cute and funny. 

Anyway, this was a good week. We saw Anthony on Tuesday and he said, "I was just hoping we could read together from the Book of Mormon." Which was perfect because that is exactly what we had planned so we read 2 Nephi 31 and he just loved it. After we finished the chapter he said, "that's not it, right? aren't we going to read more?" So we decided to pull up a Mormon message and after the video he said, "ok let's watch another." It is just so awesome to teach him. He also loves the idea of the Godhead and basically everything we teach. He has really thoughtful questions and he is just so incredible. But he went to San Diego for a wedding on Thursday and is coming back today so we haven't been able to see him but he has texted us a few times to tell us what he's reading in the Book of Mormon and how much he loves it. Last time we asked he was in Jacob so he's just whizzing through. We get our transfer calls on Sunday and I'm a little nervous. I feel like I'm staying and I don't know if that is just because I really want to stay or what. I've been out long enough to know that the Lord knows best but eep I just want to see Anthony get baptized!

In other news, MLC was yesterday and that's why today is our p-day. I could say it a thousand times but I just love MLC. I love President and Sister Mullen and our assistants and just being around so many hard working missionaries. The work is so good. I have a bad habit of comparing the outward results of other missionaries to my own but I have to know that I've done everything I can here. I've been exactly obedient and I work diligently. I'm so far from perfect and I've learned so many lessons about patience and love and charity and humility. So maybe I haven't been as "successful" as I thought I would have been but I know I've done good and touched lives. One sister, halfway through our meeting, just put her arms around me as we walked to lunch and said, "I think you are an incredible missionary and I have admired you since I came out." It was so kind. It's those little things that help me see that my mission is not for me. It's not just for my investigators either. I'm here to serve the Lord and bring souls to Christ and often I've found that I'm helping more members or less-actives and especially fellow missionaries and sisters. Another sister at the meeting told me that she went on exchanges with Sister Haynes this last week. "You trained her so well. She is such a hard working, obedient missionary." And I know it's not just me. But it helps to know that I am helping convert the children of the Lord to Christ, whoever or wherever they may be.

My mission means everything to me. I think about that everyday. This is the most valuable time of my life and I learn so much everyday about setting goals and working and achieving them. What a privilege that the Lord has allowed me to be His hands and to stretch and grow in the light of the Gospel.

Also, it's September. WHAT the heck??


I love you all!
Hermana Em

here's a few pics:

Our miracle board from last Sunday. We update it every night but we had to take a picture because the miracles were nuts last week.


And our English class white board. I love teaching that class with my whole heart. We will take a picture this week of all our students. You will die. They are precious. Arnoldo, Guadalupe, Maria, Esteban, Yolanda, Alfredo all from Colima, Mexico! And we have 3 new students from where else?? Tegucigalpa, Honduras!! (That's for you, Hermana Erika Brown!) Oh, i love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment