Monday, July 22, 2013

and no man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.

Oh sweetest friends,

I love Chee-town, Washington. I am SO grateful the Lord sent me here to this part of the world. Farmland Washington is my very favorite. I just want to stay in the farming community forever. Gratefully, the biggest places in our mission are Spokane and Spokane Valley and even those aren't BIG cities. Since I'm on this side of the mission now I feel like the stability I once might have known is totally gone. Like I used to know the areas that Spanish sisters served: Moses, Othello, Wenatchee, Royal City. But now there is only one Spanish sweet spot and I've already served there and I may or may not return. But I could serve anywhere now. Coeur D'alene, Lewiston, even Montana! I am just so happy that nearly every area in our mission is a good ol' farming community. These are my people. I feel it all through my bones. I belong here.

We had a really good week. We've been visiting all our college kid members and they are the best. They are super willing to invite their friends to come to activities and to meet with us. We've been receiving lots of referrals which is awesome.
We had a lesson with Leslie at our Bishop's house. I could say it like a thousand times, but I REALLY love Bishop and Sister Tait. They are exactly the people I want to be when I grow up. Bishop is a convert. He joined when Sister Tait and him were already married with two kids. The first time he met with missionaries he wasn't ready, and then the second time he really was prepared. His heart was softened. And now look! He was a bishop and stake president and now bishop again. And he is the softest, most gentle and loving man I know. And Sister Tait is as bubbly and fun as they come. They are so different and so perfect for each other. Anyway, Leslie came over and we showed her a mormon message about Christ lifting burdens. We really wanted the lesson to be focused on Christ to help the spirit testify to her. She felt it but I guess it's not the right time for her. I just feel really sad because I wanted to be the missionary to see it through to her baptism, but the Lord knows best. I trust Him and I know that someday I'll be able to recognize the good I did for her.
This is the lesson the Lord wants me to learn over and over. He wants me to trust Him and work diligently even when (and oftentimes) I don't get to see the fruits of my labor. I know I'm obedient and I work hard. Sister Haynes always comes home from exchanges and says, "you are the hardest working sister!" which assures me that I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing what I need to. And when I joked to Bishop that I will probably stay in Cheney for the rest of my mission he responded so genuinely, "oh i wish!"

Five new families started taking the English Daily Dose classes. This is good. Pray for the Spanish work here in Cheney. I have a good feeling. 

Trust God, and believe in good things to come.
well, that's all I've got cause i'm out of time.
love you!
Hermana Em

here's some pictures:
bowling for sister lamb's birthday.
elder molyneaux and elder williams are going home in a week. so crazy! 
these are all the people i came out with. half are missing and in a different mission...super sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment