Monday, April 15, 2013

Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren

To the greatest people I know,

It's so great to be a missionary in the Washington Spokane mission. Seriously. This is the best place for me to be. 

We had a good week. We had Sisters' Conference. It was maybe the most fun I've ever had. Sister Mullen is like as cute as they come and she danced at BYU and she's a health nut and so she shared with us her secrets. We did yoga stretching and she gave us lots of ideas for healthy snacks. We also had Dr. Ashby speak about stress management and Brother Richardson speak about "overcoming our perfectionist tendencies". Perfect for Sister Missionaries. Sister Sanchez and I gave our tips on how to be happy in your mission and so many sisters came up to us afterward to thank us cause they had really needed some help. It was so sweet and felt so great. There are 70 missionaries with their calls to my mission and 49 are sisters. Can you believe it?? It's a little overwhelming because sisters and elders are so different and I feel like elders are key to the mission. We just work in different ways and we need the balance. So I hope the influx of sisters doesn't add to the drama. I know that the Lord trusts the younger sisters and so I will too.

Sister Sanchez and I are still working with Veronica and her family. Our Ward Mission Leader and his wife came to our last lesson and it was perfect. They are like the older version of Veronica and her husband. Veronica really loved all that Sister L. was saying about raising her kids in the gospel. Sister L. has four boys and two serving missions right now and Veronica is always raising four cutie chamacos. One thing that we want as missionaries, is to help people progress and find friends in the gospel. The L family were perfect because they invited the S. family to have dinner one night. So tip for all members: When missionaries invite you, they want you to bear sweet and simple testimony and then BE A FRIEND. Call them, invite them to lunch, read the scriptures with them. This work is so much the member's part. We are just helpers to help the work move forward.

I don't have a lot to say today, but I am happy! I am learning so much now. I feel like my mission is a role play for my marriage. I make mistakes and sometimes say things I don't mean, but then I have to soften my heart and be kind and ask for forgiveness. I am learning a lot about communication. 

People are wonderful. I just love all the sweet spirits I get to meet on my mission. We took Melissa T. to see a baptism this week and she loved it. She felt the spirit so strong and she was so happy and excited. She kept saying, " I can't wait until I can be baptized." I feel super blessed to be part of it all.


Well, I love you! I love the Lord. I know He is our Father in Heaven and I know that Christ is our Savior. This is their work. And it is true!

Love,

Hermanita Em

No comments:

Post a Comment