Monday, August 19, 2013

behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men


Queridas mias!


What a happy birthday! Thank you SO much for ALL the emails and letters and love. Sister Gardiner popped out of bed singing happy birthday and she had decorated my closet with a sticky note banner of "happy birthday" and she also blew up some little "cherry bomber" balloons that have been hanging out on our book shelf for probably the last 12 sets of missionaries. It was so fun. Since it was pday we didn't have a lot of food in our fridge but we did the best we could and made a little hashbrown, egg, and biscuit breakfast. The potato and biscuits were courtesy of Sister Johnson (yep, two transfers ago :))
 
Then I opened my little package! Stationery galore. I could not have been happier! And I love the messenger bag. And the stamps and everything. We hung the banner immediately. It will probably stay up forever. It's been a fun day. We got some Papa Murphey's and then we are going bowling and picking up some Froyo 'cause there is a new place that just opened this last weekend!
 
This week has been crazy. Sister Gardiner and I have had a lot of heart to hearts. We've been learning a lot about open, honest communication. And it's been really character building. We are a good team. I think we've had a lot of powerful lessons. Not just for our investigators. A lot of members will text us after our lessons to tell us how much they needed the message we shared. It's been a nice blessing to see that we are making a difference.
 
Joel, bless his heart, just isn't receiving his answer. It doesn't mean it won't come. And I trust that the Lord will show it to him when the time is right but how do we know when the time is right? He is gone all this week visiting family and I think it will be a good break. I think he knows the Book of Mormon is true but he just doesn't want to admit it. He need to be compelled to be humble, in the best way possible. Oh I love him.
 
We are working on finding. We need more people to teach. School starts in September for Eastern and I cannot wait. Because that means there will be PEOPLE here in Cheney! Hallelujah.
We had Zone Conference this week. We received a training about really applying the Atonement and keeping our lessons centered on Christ. It has had a powerful effect on us. I love my Savior. I learned so much about who He is and what He does for me this week.
I love you all so much! Happy birthday!
Hermana Em
Here's lots of pictures, ok?
 
Last week we made cookies with Hannah and Ellie McCombie. I think they are the cutest girls on the face of the earth. It was SO fun.
Zone conference with sister kunkel, sister dishong, sister senger, sister mullen, and sister webb.





And here are some birthday celebration pictures including a wall of the many cards she has received.







No comments:

Post a Comment