Monday, February 11, 2013

Therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord


Familia Lindisima!

I could shout it from the rooftops I am so excited! SO, super excited for Jacob. Yesterday, I saw Brother Johnson at church. He stopped me and said, "Are you Sister Judd? I'm Seth Johnson's dad. He was Jacob's roommate at BYU." And the first thing I said was, "My brother  Jacob Judd???" And then the next thing I said was "Do you know where he's going on his mission?? Don't tell me! But do you know?!" And then we chit-chatted a bit but he said "yes, he posted it on facebook". So I pretty much couldn't sleep all night because I kept having vivid dreams of Jacob opening his call. Riverside, California! I know people that served there/and serving there currently I think. I'll be honest, somedays I wish I was in California because I just want sunshine everyday. But I love it here, por su puesto!

I spoke in the Bowdish ward yesterday (which is my English ward). This is my 3rd talk on my mission so far. At this rate, I can look forward to 10 more (one for each transfer)! But I really love speaking in church. We sat on the stand and got to watch all of our sweet members and non-members and less-actives walk in. We have been working with a LOT of less-actives this week. We had a training on Friday about how we need to focus on our purpose and be BOLD and loving. We are here to call people to repentance and invite others to be baptized to come closer to Jesus Christ. It was a training I really needed. And so we've really laid it down for the less-active members we've been teaching. We try to apply D&C 121:43:


 43 aReproving betimes with bsharpness, when cmoved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of dlove toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

Reprove with sharpness and then pile on the love. And it's working! The spirit can be there to testify as we call them to repent and teach them how Christ can heal them. It feels really good, because the Spirit is always there as we fulfill our call and purpose. And because of it, three less-active members came to church yesterday! As each one walked in Sister Sanchez and I could NOT STOP SMILING. It was like the prodigal's son returning. Oh, so sweet the joy! 

The first week I was here everyday was a blank slate. We just had full days devoted to tracting and finding and zero appointments. That was tough. It was super hard to work diligently and not have any lessons. But! the Lord is merciful. He has shed so many tender mercies and blessings on us this last transfer. And we had a really great week. We found so many Spanish speakers to teach. It really felt like out of thin air, people were appearing for us to teach. And people are receptive and happy to hear our message. And now this coming week, I kid you not, is filled to capacity. Every single hour of every day is busy. We have an appointment for every hour this week!?!! It feels great to be teaching so many wonderful people.

I am almost shocked that I was right. When I prayed and hoped that Alma 26 would come to pass here I was just hoping so, but now I am so filled with faith and gratitude. 

yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I hope Sister Sanchez and I can stay together in Spokane Valley this next transfer. We both feel like we are staying so hopefully no surprises coming up. But you just never know. Can you believe another transfer has already come and gone? At the end of next transfer I'll have been out for 6 months. That feels really surreal to me. The work is so good. Being a missionary is the BEST. That's why I am so happy for Jake. Oh boy, he'll be such a solid missionary! 

I love serving more and more each day. I love Sister Sanchez. Last night before bed I had a vision of what it was like in the pre-existence and I told her, "Sister Sanchez we must've been jumping up and down to come to Earth and serve our missions together." We are like two little peas in a pod. We just lift and cheer each other up. She makes me miss Mexico so much. One of the Elders serving in our branch got his Visa to go to Mexico this week so he left yesterday. I was a little jealous. It's probably because I tell ya, I love sunshine so much. But also, because the people are so good. I love serving the Hispanic people here. They are my favorite on Earth.

I got your Valentine package today actually. Already opened it. Whoops :)

This letter is no good, I'm sorry. The Elders beside me are being distracting. One is from France and so he's helping the other elder translate his letter to President Mullen to French. And you know how much I love French!

oh I love you!

Happy Monday!

Hermana Em


No comments:

Post a Comment